RE: Safety Equipment

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Safety Equipment
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:02:28 +0000
> -----------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:09:49 -0400
> From: "Freeman, Noah" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>
> Subject: Safety Equipment
>
> Hello all-    Thoughts?
>
> Other
> - --Stereo- anyone have experience putting a modern stereo in these cars?  I
> want to leave the orignal triumph radio in just for looking at. It looks
> cool.  What did you do?  Where did you put the radio?  The speakers?

Noah,
You have a couple of choices...

Custom Autosound makes a new radio (Model USA-1) which will fit your original
dash and looks great.  It can either be just an am/fm radio/cassett player or
it can have a remote CD player in the trunk.  My son purchased one of these
for his '66 T bird and my daughter has one in her '67 Mustang.  Both look
right in place with the character and era of the car and don't shout steal me.
   You can probably get one with a Triumph emblem too.

http://www.custom-autosound.com/

The other choice is to have your original TR radio rebuilt by Tayman Electric.
  They specialize in restoring the face plates and replacing the insides of
old auto radios.   I have never dealt with them and don't know anything other
than their web site.

http://www.gate.net/~gtayman/stereo.htm

Good luck, Bill Hook 57TR3  (no sound system can compete with my engine)