Re: To stir things up a bit ...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To stir things up a bit ...
From: CC50506@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:20:30 EDT
Question on the Stag motor? Why - when it has such a poor history, haven't many
Stag owners swapped in the 3.5 or larger Buick/Rover unit?   I ask this
question as a TR 6 owner - denying all knowledge of thrust washer problems with
the 2.5!

Actually, my question is, does the Stag motor share the same block as the 3.5?
If it does it's wider than the Ford unit and thus a more difficult sawp into a
TR.

If my 2.5 ever eats its own head (well block), I would seriously consider a
swap but I think I'd go for a more up-to-date "6".  Perhaps an ohc unit from a
Datsun Z car or the twin cam Supra motor - that would make the Supra 5 speed
conversion all the easier!  I wouldn't consider a BMW unit, I look like hell in
a turtleneck! Who else makes a cool "6"?  Even some "4"s today make more power
than the 2.5, even with PI!

Steve