Re: Update:California SB800 /SB1172

To: "Triumph Driver" <triumph_driver@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Update:California SB800 /SB1172
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:15:51 -0500
Cc: <tr6nut@telocity.com>
From: Triumph Driver <triumph_driver@hotmail.com>

>It would be very easy for the DMV to include an odometer entry on your tag
>renewal form.

That's what I love about the Collector plates in Minnesota:  There is no
renewal form.  There is no renewal.  The plates are ours forever.  No annual
fees.

That's even better for vanity plates.  Ordinary cars with vanity plates need
the plates replaced every 7 years (3M-stick tabs are used for annual license
renewals) for another hundred bucks surcharge.  I only had to pay the
hundred bucks once and the "TR44SUE" plates will be hers forever.

In Minnesota, unless a cop sees you driving to work every day for week,
don't expect any hassle on Collector plates.  You even get your choice on
whether you run a front plate or not (our choices:  TR4 yes, Europa no).

Daughter Amanda has presented us with a second grandchild.  Sirena Mae
Stremski
arrived on the first day of Spring 2001, weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.