Re: Update:California SB800 /SB1172

To: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@cruzers.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Update:California SB800 /SB1172
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:33:17 -0400
> I do not know about Randall's situation but I own two cars, a 1960 Land
> Rover and a 1961 Triumph TR3A.  I pick the car I hop into each day based
> upon mood, weather, where I'm going and what I'm carying.

My daily Drivers are an 88 F-150(Parts hauler) a 1969 Belvedere Sedan(Think
"Adam-12 car in Light Lime Metallic{Original paint!}) and soon, a 1964
Herald Sports 1200. Same Reason- Based on the mood and the weather.

> When these cars were new they are someone's daily transportation so why
> is it hard to believe they can not be someone's daily transportation
> now???

Today's new daily drivers will not las as long as our old ones- the plastic
will deteriorate faster, the metal will rust through quicker, and so forth-
todays cars are built to be replaced(except for the 1000,000 mile engines.
Why throw a 100k engine in a 75k car?)

> People bought new cars in the fifties and sixties to drive as daily
> transportation, not to store away because they were not good enough for
> daily transportation.  A well kept up older car is just as good for daily
> transportation is it was when it was young.

Amen, Brother!(Or Sister!)

> I put too many miles on my cars to quality for collectors insurance and
> I'm proud of that.

Ain't nobody telling me when and where I can drive!

Scott
64 Herald/Sports 1200 Convertible
http://www.homestead.com/herald1200/