Re: Skolnick - US Government Had Prior Knowledge Of Emergency

Subject: Re: Skolnick - US Government Had Prior Knowledge Of Emergency
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:53:30 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Joe Curry wrote:

> Still, I wonder how the administration knew that the White House and AF1
> were targets during the attack?  And why they made the
> circuitous journey westward before finally coming back to Washington if
> they didn't have some sort of information that they don't care to share
> with the public.

Aw, Joe, don't tell me you're a conspiracy nut too ... Ask yourself this
: If you were in Dubya's shoes, wouldn't _you_ assume that you were at
least one of the targets of the attack ?  I'm sure the SS has lots of
"what if" scenarios already worked out, and stuffing the president into
AF1 at the first sign of trouble is probably the first step for most of
them.

They may well have had _some_ warning that _something_ _might_ happen.
Question is, what could they do about it ?  I'm sure there are terrorist
plots uncovered all the time that we (usually) don't hear about.  But
there are lots of targets to hit, you can't go evacuating all of them
all the time.

Randall