Re: Emission Stuff

To: CarlSereda@aol.com, kurtisj@cox-internet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Emission Stuff
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 18:01:20 +1000 FILETIME=[15D5F6C0:01C14E3D]
Carl Serada wrote:
>don't think your TR4 should have any emission stuff - at all. Open breather
>cap (wire gauze type), no other holes in the valve cover. Regular air
>filters (wire gauze again- cleaned and oiled every 6000 miles), and a
>crankcase breather exit pipe emitting fumes toward the ground (attached at
>side of engine block reward of fuel pump.

My TR4 has the later style breather system with the metal pipe extending
from the top of the valve cover andtwo rubber pipes feeding back into the
air filters (not the TR4A style valve). I have removed the stock air filters
and replaced them with K&N units that actually filter the air ;-) This means
that the rubber pipes no longer feed back into the air filters, so all I am
left with is the metal pipe extending from the valve cover towards the
carbs.

My question is will this cause problems/damage? Should I go back to the
original set up? Alternatively, I am thinking of modifying the K&Ns to
accept the rubber pipes...

Many thanks in advance,
Michael
63' TR4