RE:HS6's on TR6

To: <ARhodes@compuserve.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:HS6's on TR6
From: DarcyHunt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:24:40 EDT
Tony, thanks for the reply.
Regarding adjusting the floats, mine are a plastic float that apparently can't
be adjusted.  When I take off the float chamber lid and turn it upside down,
the needle seats just before the float hits the lid so I can't get much more
level anyway.  Seems that I somehow need to lift up the whole float bowl.
Someone referenced modifying the mounting to accomplish this and intends to
provide me more info.  It's interesting that this extra low level is only on
the rear carb which has the float bowl on the rear side of the carb.  Since the
engine is mounted on a slight incline, the level in that jet is lower than if
the carb were level.  On the front carb with the bowl ahead of the carb, the
level at the jet is higher than if the carb were level and this carb appears to
have about the right level or closer to correct.  These carbs came off a TR7, I
wonder if that engine is mounted level.
I did discover last night that as I increase the RPM's into the area where the
bad misfiring occurs, if I pull out the choke, the misfiring is eliminated.
Doesn't run great but at least no misfiring so that definitely means things
need to richen up.