TR4 White

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 White
From: "Jim Philpott" <ormjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:13:27 -0800 FILETIME=[F7762770:01C1AB9F]
I have been away from the list for a while.  My first day back and I see a
post from Joe about Pearl White for an early TR3A.  I am working on a TR4
that was white when it left the factory, but was later undercoated and
painted carmine like my TR6.  I have removed the undercoating from the
underside of the bonnet and boot and am about to tackle the engine
compartment.  I want to return the car to white but am unsure of the correct
color.  The number is CT 25860 LO.  I read that Spa White was only used up
to 21495, then New White was used till the end of the TRs.  The original
paint I have exposed does not look as white as the "New White" that I have
seen. Could the White be something other than New White on this car?  I like
the Pearl White, would it be a crime to put an incorrect color on this car?
Does anyone know the paint numbers for Spa White or New White?
Thanks for any help.
Jim