Re: TR4 White

To: pethier@isd.net
Subject: Re: TR4 White
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 21:19:44 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/2/2002 3:21:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, pethier@isd.net
writes:

> But I am curious as to the original color Spa White.  The paint I have on
> there now is Maaco, from a PO.

For a good "ballpark" idea of what Spa and some of the other period whites
looked like, try this color chart from Martin-Senour, at the VTR site:
<http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-charts/martin-senour-colors.jpg>

Of course, the usual caveats apply: it's a very old paper chart that might
have had some fading and wasn't 100% accurate to begin with; then factor in
scanning and all, as well as differences in individual monitors, etc., etc.
-- and it's still a good "relative" guide to most of the colors depicted.

I always considered Spa White to be a bit warmer (yellower) than New White
(Triumph code #19, whether you call it "New" or "Pure" or ???), with "Pearl"
in between? Velasquez Cream is perhaps yellower still.

[Nimbus (greenish) and Sebring (bluish) White are different still, but mostly
I don't think they apply to the TR series.]

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>