Re: TR4 White

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: TR4 White
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 10:59:05 +1100 FILETIME=[98F49050:01C1AC45]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John Macartney wrote:

Generally, there were
>about four colour changes a day and by the end of each week, the build
>up of sprayed paint in the booths required a whole weekend to chisel
>out before normal working started again on a Monday.

That would explain the gap in commission numbers between Sap White and New
White cars :)

Sorry, Michael -
>the flowlines of 40 years ago didn't easily adapt to dealing with
>things "that happened to be lying around looking for a home"
>especially if its paint <smile> Modern ones may well be an
>improvement?

Well, it was just a suggestion ;-) Also, our local Classic Car magazine has
a Mk11 Jag on the cover. It is Signal Red, a non-factory colour for Jags,
but the story claims that you could get any colour you wanted form the Jag
factory, presumably as a 'special order'. What would have been done on such
cars, would they have changed the whole production line for this one off
(which I seriously doubt) or would it have contracted outside of the
factory? Were there such 'special orders' available for Triumphs?

Its good to see Jag owners admitting to the superiority of a Triumph colour,
or anything Triumph for that matter ;-)

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4 CT 23641 O