RE: Crankshaft end bolt removal

Subject: RE: Crankshaft end bolt removal
From: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:14:07 -0500
Cc: "'Jeff Johnson'" <mondolux@speakeasy.net>
Thanks Jeff. I'm at about 59k so the mileage looks about right for thrust
washers. I noticed the movement when I gave the end bolt a few whacks in an
attempt to loosen it. Was able to lever the crank back a noticeable amount.

Two questions:
1. How do I determine which size thrust washers to put in?
2. Will it be any easier to do this job while I have the top end and all
related parts off? Maybe I need the crank pulley in place to answer question
#1.

OK, three questions:

3. Any other maintenace or inspection I should do while I have the sump off?

Thanks,
Hugh