Re: Is this sacrilege?

To: ralittle2@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Is this sacrilege?
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:01:27 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello List,
        Come on, you old goats!  I thought the movie was a lot of fun!
        Sure, some of it was ridiculous, but with these flicks, you have to
"suspend
disbelief" and let yourself be pulled into the story.
        These "rice rockets" are what the kids are hot rodding these days, and
think it's great.  I've been to cruise nights where these cars are on display,
and
some of them are really slick!  Lowered suspension, killer audio, neons, racing
seats, and how about a Nintendo hidden in the passenger side floor!  It's not
my
kind of ride, but I admire the work and ingenuity.  Can you reprogram your fuel
injection with a laptop?  I have had some great conversations with these kids -
they're just modern day motorheads!  Their cars are fast and sexy, just like
Triumphs were a generation ago.  (Still are, to me!)
        I liked the monster Dodge Charger in the film, but also the Mazda RX-7
and
the Supra. They are beautifully styled, technologically advanced and FAST
automobiles.
        Come year 2030, will there be a VHR (Vintage Honda Register)?  So be it!

                My $.02
                Rick  1973  TR6  CF257OU (no neons)