RE: Is this sacrilege?

Subject: RE: Is this sacrilege?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:07:05 -0800
Cc: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Actually Randall, if it is the car I think it is, the owner would be Larry
> Widmer.  Larry Widmer's company, Endyn, has been involved in the
> echelons of
> motorsport for the past 3 decades.  NHRA drag racing, Penske Indy engines,
> NASCAR head technology... not to mention government research projects for
> the likes of NASA as well.  The supercharger on that car was heavily
> modified, and even had carbon/thermoplastic rotors.  The motor had strain
> gauges embedded between the cylinders to measure block distortion!

Kai, you may well be right.  I didn't pay all that much attention to the
article, and I can't find it now.  My recollection was that the man in the
photo looked much younger, mid-30's perhaps.

My point was simply that not everyone modifying a "rice burner" is doing so
with neon graphics and huge exhaust tips.

And maybe your youth was different, but I recall flames and glasspacks being
a _lot_ more common than custom camshafts and modified blowers ... probably
the main difference was that we didn't have the selection of bolt-on parts
(or the money to buy them).

Randall