RE: TR3 Fuel Pump

To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Fuel Pump
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:47:24 -0800
Cc: <ehassan@visicu.com>
Go with the dropping the pan option. Not only do you have the pump lever
down there, you have about 6 washers that may have slipped off the pump
shaft.

This problem happened to me several times as the pump shaft is pressed in on
some models of the pump and have a tendancy to work their way out. I finally
acquired a pump shaft that has a circlip on each end.

I rebuilt the pump at least twice by the side of the road. The next time I
had the sump off...it was full of washers!

JB Weld or Loctite Red would be the next best thing if you can't find a
shaft with circlips!