Re: Tr3 Fuel Pump

To: RayAntoky@aol.com, ehassan@visicu.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tr3 Fuel Pump
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:56:18 EST
In a message dated 2/18/2002 9:06:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RayAntoky@aol.com writes:

> How about a magnet, one of those telescoping ones. Fish around thru the
> hole
> and see what you catch. You won't do any harm and you'll probably pick up
> the
> part.
> Otherwise pick up the car and shake it upside down. The part will surely
> fall
> out.
> Good Luck!

While you are at it, tape the sides of the magnet with a few rounds of
electrical tape so only the end picks up. Old mechanic's trick that keeps the
body of the magnet from sticking on the sides but will still p/u on the end.
Oh yea, take a good look at what you get out and compare it to a new pump or
diagram so you will know you have all of it.
Finally, put a plate over the hole and get a good electric fuel pump.
(just kidding-but it works for a lot of folks)
Doug Ross
p.s. I wouldn't try the upside down & shake method - you would
probably get a whole lot more parts than you wanted. <:o)>  GRIN