RE: Tr3 Fuel Pump

To: "'Hassan, Erkan'" <ehassan@visicu.com>, "'Triumphs@autox. Net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tr3 Fuel Pump
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:55:52 -0500
Consider yourself lucky! When the pivot pin in my fuel pump fell out, the
pump's lever
was dragged into a 'pinch position' between the camshaft and the block....
The cam broke,  which I suppose was the more favorable outcome...
Consider an electric pump.  It allows you to fill up the fuel bowls prior to
cranking,
which is a marvelous way to preserve your battery/starter/ring gear, etc.  I
mounted mine
on the outside surface of the spare tire well, just above the rear axle.
You can add
an inertial/'upside down' electrical cutout if there is a chance you might
be a
member of the 'Inverted Driving Team.'
Good luck
Bob Westerdale
59 3A  TS 36967

Listers,

I think I may have a major problem on my hand.  I removed the old fuel pump
off the engine block of the TR3 tonight.  This must have been the problem as
to why the car would not start, for as I was removing the pump slowly so
that I coul dsee how to put on the new one, the lever that extends out into
the engine block fell off and in through the opening of the engine block.  I
cannot feel the level while putting my fingers inside.

Where did the part most likely go?

How do I get the dang thing out?

I am afraid to put the new pump on and run the engine with this piece of
metal running around in there.

HELP!!