Re: anti theft ideas

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anti theft ideas
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:10:49 +0000
In article <NCBBKDNEEKEOHAOIIOIIEEDKGAAA.ryoung@navcomtech.com>, Randall
Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM> writes
>> I don't know whether to laugh or cry.   My Spit is parked in a leafy
>> avenue in a nice part of a nice town.
>
>Wow.  Sure makes me glad I live in a not-so-nice part of a not-so-nice town
>!  One TR3 vandalism incident in 10 years is looking pretty good right now.
>
>> I too would be interested in a security system that shouted "Step away
>> from the car!" when people got too near.
>
>I think I'd be more interested in a system that took snapshots of whoever
>walked close to the car.  Chances are, this is one person, or a small group,
>that are probably well known to the local gendarmes.

Very true.   I am tempted by these digital video spy cameras that you
see advertised all over the WWW, but have never investigated their
technical capabilities.   If they are IR-capable, and I could set both
camera and IR-source up on the front of my house, *then* I'd catch the
little b*&%*!#s...

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"