Re: anti theft ideas

To: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: anti theft ideas
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:25:42 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Doug Hamilton
>Just an idea for a proximity device rather than a verbal warning the
device should emit a foul smell. After all who would ever vandalize a
cattle liner or some other foul smelling vehicle. Nothing has a better
proximity alarm than a skunk just so long as the smell doesn't stay on the
car after it's tripped. And you don't want it to smell like a dead body in
the trunk or the cops will ruin your nice new paint job when they spring
the trunk.<

Which reminds me of a true story (I swear).

One day the club held a drive that started at an interstate rest stop.
While we were congregating we noticed a pickup truck that had been parked
overnight (not allowed at this stop).  It was also noticed by the grounds
keeper who also noticed something in the front seat covered by a blanket
and called the local rescue folks.  After failing to get an arrousal by
knocking on the window, the fire chief busted out the window and pulled off
the blanket and revealed the spare tire.

I surmized that he put the blanket over the spare tire so that no one would
be tempted to break in and take it.  Well, it worked.

Dave