Re: trregistry.com

To: "'Phil Ethier '" <pethier@isd.net>, "Steven Newell" <newellsteven@yahoo.com>, "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: trregistry.com
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:19:18 -0000
Steve Newell wrote:
>>1. many if not most internet users are unaware of
>>email lists generally, since such lists predate the
>>popularization of the internet with the arrival of the
>>WWW.

Phil Ethier replied:
>I'm not buying it.  There is ample mention of these lists on the WWW.
Serious
>browsing of the web looking for britcar info will find these
mentions.

Randall nailed down a good few extra points of why lists are unknown /
unused / whatever. The other important point is cost.
Phil, you overlook the fact that while local calls may be free in
North America allowing 'serious browsing,' many thousands of Joe and
Josie Enthusiasts live outside it. For them, 'serious browsing'
through
www is anathema - and I'm one of them. Unless you cut a special deal
with your ISP  and telecoms provider, usually costing more than many
of
us want or are prepared to pay, the lists will continue to remain
elusive.

Jonmac