Re: trregistry.com

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trregistry.com
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:29:26 -0500
Steve writes:

>1. many if not most internet users are unaware of
>email lists generally, since such lists predate the
>popularization of the internet with the arrival of the
>WWW.

Yup.  That's a large part of it.  Everybody I work with is "on the
internet" but nobody knows what a mailing list is or a newsgroup.
If they're adventurous and subscribe, they need to know enough about
using their PC to create specific folders to direct the list mail.

It's too bad they don't follow through because web based message
boards are infuriatingly inefficient.

> Informally I've thought that the [old]
>british-car and triumph list membership included an
>unusual number of academics and engineers, perhaps
>because there are more "old school" internet users in
>those fields. Could be those fields are also full of
>eccentrics who are drawn to old British cars. :-J

Again, agree 100%.  They were absolutely NUTS, but they sure were fun!

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley