Re: trregistry.com

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trregistry.com
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:23:30 -0500
John writes:

>Phil, you overlook the fact that while local calls may be free in
>North America allowing 'serious browsing,' many thousands of Joe and
>Josie Enthusiasts live outside it. For them, 'serious browsing'
>through www is anathema - and I'm one of them. Unless you cut a special deal
>with your ISP  and telecoms provider, usually costing more than many
>of us want or are prepared to pay, the lists will continue to remain
>elusive.

IMO, the list is the only way to go if you're on metered service.  You
connect, download all new messages, disconnect, read and reply
offline.  Ascii text is fast and efficient.   Web messaging wasn't an
option for me when I was on metered service.  I just couldn't afford
to stay online that long.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley