Re: change is sad

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: change is sad
From: "mike" <mike@gsta.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:48:38 -0400
I totally agree with Fred and Randall. It is very nice to have all original
cars but sometimes adapting improved technology helps keeps them on the
road. I think the fun of these cars is "driving them" with "tinkering with
them" a close second. I would not hesitate to drive my TR6 or my TR4a from
my house in Florida to Seattle Washington. That's because I know them both
inside out and upside down and because I've made several improvements to
their reliability that make them as good or better than a newer car in that
respect.

Of the many, many British car owners I've met over the years, there seems to
be 3 schools of thought that govern how they use their cars. There are the
"hot-rodders" like myself, who are always trying to make them better,
faster, more reliable, etc... without losing their character. Not always an
easy balancing act. And then there are the "concourse" people
who build them to be time capsules to another era, wanting everything to be
as it was when they rolled off the assembly line all those years ago.
Finally there are the folks who just think they are cool and like driving
them, washing them, looking at them gleam in their driveway and maybe
showing them off at the local "show and shine" at the park every summer.

Nobody's wrong in how they choose to express themselves with their LBC's -
just different. Isn't that what having a British car is all about?

Just my 2p worth.

~Mike Brooks