Re: change is sad

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: change is sad
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:38:20 +1000 FILETIME=[1F86BEF0:01C1E732]
Just to be difficult, my TR4 is nearly totally original, but for a electric
thermo fan, a modern steering wheel, and air horns. I am in the process of
removing the later two and replacing them with the originals. I still run a
generator, but I agree with Randall- they are not reliable and are in
comparison expensive to run.

Also my TR4 was, until very recently, my only car and was over this past
Australian summer my daily driver. I didn't have a problem all summer.

I respect people's decision to modify their cars, if I lived in a colder
climate I would probably have a heater and an alternator too. But I feel
lucky to drive a Triumph, even if the generator is anemic, the headlights
weak and the radio/heater non-existent. I feel sorry for the poor sods
driving modern econoboxes with all the mod cons. I have made my choice, both
my Triumphs are original and will stay that way, but if it means that there
will be more Triumphs on the road then I would not hold anyone back from
modifying theirs.

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4 (will be almost totally original real soon)
69' 2000 (totally original but for a modern windscreen washer bottle)