RE: change is sad

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: change is sad
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 20:31:18 -0700
> Well, I went through two in about three months in the TR4 and have been
> running the current one for 6 months without a problem. I went though one
> already in the saloon and the replacement I put on was broken so I had to
> yet another.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea how they failed ?  Your sequence
sounds awfully similar to what happened to me after I turned the voltage
regulator up ... fried generator every month or two during the winter, then
OK during the summer.  In my case, the thrown solder was obvious (although
soldering the wires back didn't fix the problem so presumably the armatures
were also internally shorted).

Randall