Re: 1st car

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1st car
From: Jeff Johnson <mondoluxe@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 19:10:56 -0500
At 02:07 PM 1/8/2003 -0500, Fred Thomas wrote:
>How about what year & what kind was your 1st car, and not just a T/R, "no" I
>will not go first  :)  "FT"
My first car was a $300. 1959 TR3 I bought when I was 15 (1969).  BRG, no
top,  rattiest interior you've ever seen, no synchros in any gear- but ran
well. Ended up parting it a year later as I could not afford the $ to make
something decent of the car.  My dad was furious that I bought such a ratty
car, but when I sold off parts and finally the shell and chassis and made
money on the thing- well, it soon became "a good deal".

Had a TR Jones right from the beginning,

Jeff Johnson