RE: 1st car

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1st car
From: "Javier Vidaurre Ch." <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:23:29 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,

My first car was a 1964 VW with a metal sunroof that
my father handed down to me shortly after I turned 16
and got my driver's license in Jan. 1973  I beat the
hell out of that car before I handed it down to my
sister who later handed it down to my brother.

Next up was a 1971 Volvo 142E I bought in 1975.  Great
cars the 142's.  After it got rear-ended in 1979 I
bought a 1974 142E.  On that one I had the head
ported, polished and slightly milled, the flywheel
lightened and had a cam for a 1971 142E installed
(pre-smog).  Made for a nice strong street motor.

Reporting from Peru, Javier Vidaurre