Re: 1st car

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1st car
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:33:56 -0500
1961 TR3A. Purchased in 1966 from a neighbor who was about to be married and
needed something a bit larger. Paid $650.

Car was in outstanding condition, albeit with JC Whitney aluminum side
screens. Unfortunately, it was powder blue (I HATE powder blue!), but I
drove it for 10 years, the only car I owned. Bought it in Virginia, moved to
NC for three years, then to Connecticut. After 10 years, it had developed a
"few" problems that I hadn't the time, money or for that matter, the
inclination, to fix. So I parked it. Outside. Uncovered. For two years.

When I finally crawled back in to see if it would start (in preparation for
selling it), my feet went thru the floor pan! Amazingly, that was the only
visible rust (although I'm sure there was much more!) But it DID start. Put
a piece of plywood under the carpet and sold it in 1978...for $650.

Sure wish I'd been able keep and restore that one!

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry