1st car

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1st car
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 08:35:27 -0500
I got my driver's license in 1973 .
My first car was supposed to be my grandfather's 1963 Mercury Comet, but
while it was waiting for me for a year, my father decided to drive it
into the ground. I couldn't keep up with the damage.
Instead, I started looking around. A block away, someone put up a black
TR3 for sale for $150,. When I graduated high school, I had that much
money, and I wanted that car.....
But my father took my money and bought me a 1968 Chevy Bel Air that had
been rear ended by a Tractor- Trailer rig, shortening the trunk by about
1 /12 feet on one side.
His reason was that it was too difficult to repair British cars.
On the bright side,  I learned a lot about body work and repair work
while I had the Chevy.
On the down side, it was another 25 years before I finally got a TR3.

--
George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph