Re: Fire Extinguishers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fire Extinguishers
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:15:10 -0700
Chip19474@aol.com wrote:

> Searching for thoughts.......

Mine wasn't recently purchased so the source is long forgotten... but it is
Halon.  I did not consider price to be an issue because hopefully I will never
use it but if I do it will seem a pretty inexpensive way to save the car.

In addition to being cleaner I think Halon would have a longer shelf life than
chemical which I have heard packs down or something over time.  That said, I'm
not sure Halon is as readily available as it was some years ago.

You mention carrying it in the trunk.  Mine are on the floor behind the
passenger
seat -- if I ever need it I expect time will be of the essence and having it
readily at hand would be best.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4