Re: Home for old computer parts? (not LBC)

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Home for old computer parts? (not LBC)
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:05:11 -0600
    Mark> I guess I will hunt a little to see if I can send it
    Mark> somewhere. But after that it's out to the curb. :^(

Google for "donate computer".

If you can't find a charitable organization to take the boxes off your
hands, you might try and find a company which will process the chips for
their precious metals.  Also, here in Evanston, IL (next door to Chicago)
there are plenty of people who roam around the alleys picking up large metal
objects as scrap.  (I recently helped one such fellow haul the metal brace
from the sound board of an upright piano out of my basement.)  Maybe there's
someone at a similarly low end of the economic scale who would take them off
your hands.

Putting computers in the trash should be the absolute last resort.

--
Skip Montanaro
skip@pobox.com