Re: TR4 Top

To: Triumph Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Top
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 06:11:50 -0700
I have not been following this thread closely, but there is one gotcha
that I didn't notice anyone mention.

Soft top material stretches easier when warm.  When you put the snaps
in the top you want the top to be tight.  I've seen tops that had the
snaps installed on a real cold winter day fit real loose on a hot
summer day and tops set up on 100 degree plus sunny day be to tight to
set up when it is cold.  Best to have the top at an in between
temperature when setting the snaps for a tight fit.

I set the snaps to my top (TR3A) at around 60 degrees ambient and it
has never been too tight to erect when I feel it is cold enough to put
the top up.  I've been with people who set snaps outside during the
summer who have to leave a couple snaps unsnapped when the erect the
top when it gets cold.

T. J. Wakeman
twakeman@cruzers.com
http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937

Check out the new British Cars Forum: