Re: TR4 Top

To: Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Top
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:05:25 -0600
Tim, this is an easy job -- all it takes is the right tools and a lot of
patience. Plus the old adage, measure twice, hole-punch once. It's
possible to do it wrong, so think carefully and even do a mental dry run
if it's your first time.

  I generally followed the guide Brian Sanborn put together at:
     http://webpages.charter.net/sanborn/New_Top.htm

You'll need an x-acto knife, a hole punch, and a hammer (a small hammer
is nicer). You can find a decent rotary hole punch at a local fabric
store or most hardware stores, the x-acto just about anywhere, and a
hammer in your toolbox. I didn't even use a tape measure since the
center of the top was marked on my new top, so I lined it up then worked
my way around using the lift-the-dot posts and a china marker to mark
the next hole to punch. It took me about an hour, here's a page with a
picture of my Triumph maintenance team -- the soft top installation
photo is near the bottom.
     http://www.newellboys.com/tr4-crew.html

Personally I wouldn't fit a new top in serious cold. Either borrow a
friend's heated garage or wait for a warm day with plenty of sun. Best
luck, feel free to email with questions.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO

Check out the new British Cars Forum: