Re: TR4 Top

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Top
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:48:26 -0700
Randall wrote:

>Even the hole punch isn't necessary.  I prefer to use the X-Acto knife to
>cut away the excess material inside the hole just before crimping the
>prongs...

And I'll add:  I've always been able to install the pronged top half of
the L.T.D. fastener by positioning in, having a block of soft wood
underneath (end grain of a short 2x4) and just smacking it with a hammer
(using another wood block on top for protection).  Those prongs are
sharp enough that they punch their own holes.  Using the skinny Xacto to
make the needed center hole would make the process go even faster.

One other "tool" I  find helpful is a white grease pencil (assuming it
is a black top).

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ