RE: TR4 Top

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Top
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:24:14 -0700
> By "grommets" I assume you're referring to the Lift-the-dot
> fasteners. If
> so, I've found they're easily installed with little more than an
> X-Acto or
> similar small, sharp-pointed-blade knife, and a hole punch.

Even the hole punch isn't necessary.  I prefer to use the X-Acto knife to
cut away the excess material inside the hole just before crimping the
prongs.  However, I find my "water pump" pliers to be quite helpful in
crimping the prongs (large slip-joint pliers would work just as well); and a
piece of cardboard to hold under the top as I stab the X-Acto knife through
the holes.  A new blade for the X-Acto is a good idea too.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: