RE: British or SAE

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: British or SAE
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:34:21 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Paige, Dean
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 8:33 AM
To: 'Dean Mericas'

The brake lines couplers and calipers and slave cylinders on the TR-6 were
changed from one thread dimension to another in maybe 75??? IIRC. I think they
went from SAE to metric. Found this out after installing new front calipers on
my 73. Very vexing. Made it work by making up new brake lines from flex to
caliper changing out the fittings on just one end of the new lines. Just too
much of a hassle to return the calipers and try to find the correct ones plus I
needed the car on the road. This was an easy fix using parts available locally.