Re: British or SAE

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British or SAE
From: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:28:36 -0400
Speaking of thread issues, I'd like to share a my experience with odd
threads on a brake cylinder.

I bought a pair of rear brake cylinders off eBay last winter that were
advertised as being for TR4 - TR6 applications. They look identical to the
original Girling units on my car, but are not by Girling.

When I attempted to install them last week, they fit perfectly on the
backing plate and aligned with the brake shoes, but I found that the brake
pipe fitting would not start in the threaded port.  It turns out that the
thread is something different from the original. They are now $35 of clean
junk.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4
1973 2000 GTV