RE: British or SAE

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>,
Subject: RE: British or SAE
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:53:28 -0700
Andy, Damned if I remember, considering that this all happened 10 or so years
ago. I do recall that the replacements were identical to the originals except
for the inlet port and maybe the bleed screw...never checked that. Do remember
dimly that when I took a closer look there was a one number or letter change in
the stamped in part #. I ordered the units through a TR mechanic locally and he
is the one who told me of the changeover. I think we tried to get the correct
units but they were unavailable on short notice. And the car was my daily
driver.

Deano

======
Dean, I'd be very curious to know what brand these were (or what brand was on
the box). I understand that most replacement wheel cylinders now have
metric-size heads on the bleed screws (something like 11mm instead of 7/16"),
but the threads are as per original. And that was my recent experience with a
new Girling-style replacement wheel cylinder on my Herald this past year.

--Andy Mace