RE: British or SAE

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: British or SAE
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:30:32 -0400
Previously on this list, I'd written:

>> Notable exceptions were
>> found on some items such as electrical components or carburetors supplied by
>> other manufacturers (i.e., Lucas or SU, respectively).

Randall responded:

>There are some exceptions on the  bodywork of a TR2-3A as well.  The screws
>that
>hold the trunk and spare tire latches, for example, plus the screws that hold
>the strike plates for the door latches.  I'm pretty sure the "machine thread"
>version of the original "lift the dot" studs are BA threads as well.

======
Good point, although they do fit my (admittedly somewhat broad) statement
"Notable exceptions were found on some items such as...."; items such as you
mention also were sourced from outside manufacturers (i.e. Wilmot Breeden) who
had been around for a long time and undoubtedly had not "converted" to SAE
threads.

--Andy Mace