Re: British or SAE

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British or SAE
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:57:55 +0100
Hi Dean
I don't know if you have new lines or not, if you are using the old fitting,
it is not uncommon for the end of the fitting to flare enough to prevent it
from engaging in the thread in the cylinder.
You need to replace the fitting or possibly file the spread end back to
size, I have done this in the past, but as a caveat I am an experienced
engineer, if you do not feel comfortable dressing the end of a brake fitting
with a file then go the new fitting route.

Graham.