Re: Off topic....for sure!

To: dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: Off topic....for sure!
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:15:22 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/2005 8:48:09 PM Central Standard Time,
dmallin@attglobal.net writes:
> Well as far as I know nobody is running OS/2. Last I heard it was in ATM
> machines because it could
> run 24x7 an not need to be rebooted every so often -- unlike the M$ junk.

If "nobody" means a few thousand hard-core users then right.  A friend of
mine is running OS/2 Warp in a multicomputer network and he loves it.  There is
group of users:

( http://www.mit.edu:8001/activities/os2/os2world.html )

still advocating Warp.  But he does admit it is troublesome to set up.  And
since most computer users just want to switch on and type OS/2 is of no
interest to the bulk of the market.  Of course reloading windows is no walk in
the
park either.

Dave