RE: TR3A radiator R & R

To: "John A. Wise" <JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu>,
Subject: RE: TR3A radiator R & R
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 22:29:50 -0700
> >PS I'm more than ever convinced that 'pusher' fans interfere with airflow at
> >freeway speeds.  My Stag runs noticeably cooler on the freeway without it.
>
> I just do not think I have a choice here in the Valley of the Sun
> (prep school for hell).

FWIW, what I did was to remove the original fan & extension on my TR3A, and
install a 16" electric fan as a puller.  Worked quite well even in 110+ heat ...
got a little warm in stop-n-go traffic at 118F but never boiled.  I gave out
before the engine did !

And this was without an overflow tank and with the bypass left open.

Randall