Re: Who else wants a TR4 works rally car?

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Who else wants a TR4 works rally car?
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:16:57 -0600
John Macartney wrote:

>I think the difference between *replica* cars and the *real original* is the
>same - apart from the steering position.. By the time the car eventually
>left the works team (and I'm talking of the Coventry works team) it probably
>had so many replacement bits added to it in terms of performance
>enhancements to make it go faster or handle better, or mods to meet event
>criteria, or straightened metal to replace bent - that deciding what was
>original and what was replica could be entirely subjective....

Terrific news. So far I have 4 or 5 on the waiting list for a
works-style TR4 -- as long as it costs about the same as a TR4 did new.
And now that I know that the works cars were made up of various
replacement bits and spare sheet metal, I should be able to faithfully
reproduce the effect with a dozen parts cars. So I think I'll hurry on
down to the small business administration to get a loan. ;)

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO
'62 TR4