Re: VTR and Triumphest.

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>, "'T. S. White'"
Subject: Re: VTR and Triumphest.
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:20:19 -0700
Ok, Joe, for the last time, there was nothing "elitist" about the placement
of the Spitfires at Triumphest. It was purely a question of numbers and not
enough parking spaces in the center section of the parking lot. I know
because it was my decision and mine alone and the thought of belittling
Spitfires never crossed my mind.  I asked several of the Spitfire owners
about the placement and they agreed with it. I am sorry if you were
offended, but it was certainly not intentional. Afterall, my first Triumph
was a Spitfire.

On the original topic, as I recall, whenever the question of combining
Triumphest and VTR came up, the answer was always that it wouldn't work
because of the difference in agendas. Triumphest features a Funcourse where
cars like Tom's are welcome and judged for what they are, not a Concourse
where they are judged on how close they are to what they were, is a prime
example. There is room for both types of events, just not at the same time
and place.
Bob