RE: TR3A Paint Color Thoughts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Paint Color Thoughts
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:58:55 -0700
> My
> wife has become resigned to checking my ties before I leave the
> house in the morning.

I solved that problem a different way ... don't wear ties !

> First, does anybody have any idea what the heck color that is?

I couldn't get your Google link to work, but when I chopped out what
appeared to be the photo URL, it was a very pretty powder blue TR3A.  Even
had "powderblue" in the URL ...
http://www.tr-register.com.au/pics/powderblue/milvain.jpg

>  I tried to
> contact him, couldn't get him, but someone in the club thought it was a
royal
> blue, but wasn't sure.

Royal blue is quite a bit darker.
http://www.the-roadster-factory.com/classifiedpics/040604-01-TR3body.html

> And third, would a grey top, red interior, go better with black paint or
blue
> paint?  (I tell ya, I'm hopeless.)

IMHO, the red would go better with black.  Powder blue would almost require
either a white or blue interior.  Darker blues (like Royal blue) would look
OK with black interior, but not red.  Biscuit or tan would look OK with
blue, too.

The gray top goes with almost anything (although it wouldn't be my choice
for a black car).

Ask around your friends, see if you know someone who has Photoshop or
equivalent.  They should be able to take a scanned photo of a TR3, and do a
virtual paint job on it so you can see what it looks like to you.  After
all, it's your car, it should please you.  Or you can show the results to
your wife.

Randall