Re: Little Bavarian Car?

To: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Little Bavarian Car?
From: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:47:10 -0600
And, I might add, this figure is only for the coalition forces and does
not include Iraqi civilians,  of whom the US refuses to make accurate
totals of either deaths or injuries; the former is now estimated to be
~113,500 deaths.

Not to unnecessarily inject politics into the list messages, but, as
Opus of Bloom County might say, "Fred shot first."

Now, it's either a major tragedy, all `round, or the brown people don't
really count.  And I really don't know of anyone on this list who would
make a plaintive statement that the latter is  true.

War's a nasty, horrific business for everyone caught up in it.  Trying
to dismiss it or minimize it with irrelevant statistics serves no
purpose.  _No goddamned purpose whatsoever_.  We are better than that, I
would hope.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....