Re: Little Bavarian Car?

To: Larry Vaughan <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: Little Bavarian Car?
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 19:51:31 -0500
How do you figure.  If we take the number of Americans killed in Iraq,
during the conflict it maks up 1806 people.  Or the VAST majority of
the 1993 coilition troops killed.  Of the total number of Americans
killed, 1395 are due to hostile action.  Not accidents, not suacides,
not natural causes.  That's over 77%.  That statistic is for the time
period 3/03 through 7/05  or 28 months.  That gives us an average of
over 49 Americans killed every month in Iraq due to hostile action.
Over the period of a year that works out to an average of over 588
Americans killed due to hostile action.  As compared to 262 Murders
that took place in DC in 2002.  Ok, lets do murder rate.  There were
at a minimun 100,000 American service men and women in Iraq and a
maximum of 140,000.  That gives us a MINIMUM rate of death due to
hostile action of 420 per 100,000.  By comparison DC in 2002 had about
600,000 residence for a murder rate of less than 44 per 100,000  That
means the rate in Iraq is 10 time higher than the rate in DC, AND THAT
IS JUST FOR AMERICANS.  No one seems to care enought to keep stats for
Iraq citizens killed.

--