Re: not specifically triumph, but vintage related

To: wsteinman@pogolaw.com, CFisher@borgwarner.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: not specifically triumph, but vintage related
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:43:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/2005 2:58:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wsteinman@pogolaw.com writes:

> Well said.  I have often equated the risks of driving my Healey with a
> motorcycle.

I ride a Harley Davidson regularly as well as a couple of vintage bikes.  If
you are hit by anything on a bike you are toast. No protection what so ever.
Leathers may help a little.  Triumph's at least offer some steel between your
body parts and a SUV bumper.  It is good that you guys are being careful and
if the bike analogy works for you that is great.  I may even try it next time I
drive one of the Spits or the TR3B.  I feel much safer in the Four, 250, Six
or one of the Wedges for some reason. I hate looking to the left on a freeway
and seeing the lug nuts of an 18 wheeler going by but the ride in a Triumph is
worth the risk to me.
Darrell