Re: Our Triumphs

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Our Triumphs
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:09:15 -0600
McGaheyRx@aol.com wrote:

>It must be exceedingly dull to own expensive modern German cars that are
>totally reliable - those cars must have no "personality"

I moonlight on a Mercedes list since I also maintain my wife's car, a
'76 Mercedes 240D. Most of those guys have cars younger than 10 years,
but if the problems they discuss are any indication, expensive modern
German cars have tremendous personality. Perhaps you mean 7-series BMW's
and the VW Phaeton? ;)

My favorite is the Mercedes biodegradable wiring harness used from the
early to mid 90's -- guess what happens when that biodegrades while the
car is still in service? Personality that would make a Lucas-equipped
car blush.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2