Re: Our Triumphs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Our Triumphs
From: drewfrink@mac.com
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:46:48 -0600
> Many persons grow insensibly attached to that which gives
> them a great deal of trouble. What say  you?

Folks like to be needed, for sure. My new TR4 sure needs me (really, it needs
someone like me with a lot more skill!), but it's a little different for me in
general, more about personality of the object.

For instance: I have an old Gibson mandolin from 1924 that I inherited from my
Godfather. I'll never part with it. Sure, it has some reasonable value and
beautiful tone, but more for me is the character it has and the stories it can
tell. Soul, I might call it. My TR4 is similar. It's not just the flaws that
need my constant attention, but the thoughts behind the design, the weight of
the years. The simple fact that it has endured through the years and is still
viable for (and in some ways still excells at) it's intended purpose.

-Drew

--
Andrew Frink
Salt Lake City, UT