Re: Leaking carb float

To: racegt6@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaking carb float
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:56:06 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/2005 7:37:26 PM Central Standard Time,
racegt6@yahoo.com writes:
> If you're going to repair, not replace I'd smear some fuel resistant goop
> (silicone or ...) lightly, but thoroughly, over the very clean floats.  Any
> structural soldering should be done first. The idea of providing a hole
>before
> soldering makes sense, the same technique is used when welding closed tube.
> Consider replacing the floats ASAP.  Charlie

Don't use just any silicone.  The DPO of my TR3 used silicone on the fuel
sender gasket and it softened, swelled and exuded into the tank cloging the
fuel
system.  Get something that is specifically fuel resistant.

BTW, I know of no such silicone product.  If you find something, let us know.

Dave

P.S. With all the various fuel additives what works may vary from state to
state